EAMS Vision Statement:
Together, in collaboration with our families and community, we strive to create a rigorous learning environment that allows students to take risks while encouraging high expectations for Every Child, Every Day. We will provide a compassionate, safe, and professional learning environment that promotes the academic, social, and emotional success of every student. Our school will continue the journey to meet the needs of the whole child by promoting a peaceful, passionate, and positive learning community. East Alton Middle School will be a dynamic, 21st Century community promoting lifelong learners, global citizens, and tomorrow’s leaders in an ever changing world.
EAMS Mission Statement:
- Provide a challenging, standards based educational program preparing students to be college, career, and life ready.
- Create an environment of educational excellence by using a variety of instructional strategies and activities to address the varied learning strengths of our students.
- Create a learning environment where collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity is encouraged.
- Provide a compassionate environment in which all students can feel supported and safe emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
- Provide an environment that fosters self-motivated, self-disciplined, and socially responsible students.
- Build positive personal characteristics such as responsibility, integrity, perseverance, cooperation, self-control, caring, honesty, and encourage respect for individual differences that make each of us unique.
- Establish ongoing relationships with all stakeholders.